Calf 16 Pellets
Meal Time Fresh is Best Calf Pellets are grain-based with no compromise on quality ingredients. We know that fresh is best, and include sweet molasses for improved palatability to encourage early consumption and stimulate rumen development. All feeds contain high quality protein ingredients and energy rich cereal grains to promote optimum growth, development and health. All diets contain Bovatec® to aid in the control of coccidiosis.
Calf 20 Pellets Protein: 20% Calf 16 Pellets Protein: 16% Calf 14 Pellets Protein: 14% Approximate on a DM basis. Analysis may vary slightly due to grain variances beyond our control.
Calf Pellets are to be fed in conjunction with suitable milk rearing systems. • Offer Fresh is Best Calf 20 Pellets ad-lib from four days of age to encourage early consumption and stimulate rumen development.
• Calves should always have access to a quality roughage such as straw or stalky hay.
• Once calves are about four weeks of age and have access to quality high protein spring pasture, Fresh is Best Calf 16 Pellets may be used ad-lib instead of Fresh is Best Calf 20 Pellets.
• Gradually wean off milk once calves are regularly consuming 1kg of Fresh is Best Calf 16 Pellets per day and continue to feed Fresh is Best Calf 16 Pellets ad-lib until 100kg target weight is reached.
• From 100-150kg live weight, either continue to feed Fresh is Best Calf 16 Pellets; or the more economic option of Fresh is Best Calf 14 Pellets, to maintain protection from coccidiosis and lessen the likelihood of growth checks in the transition to a pasture-only diet.
• For improved live weight gain and as an aid in the control of coccidiosis, feed 1kg of Fresh is Best Calf Pellets per 90kg calf to provide 90mg/kg live weight lasalocid per day.
• Always have fresh, clean water available.
• Keep feed fresh and feeding containers clean.
Selected from: Grain and grain by-products, various plant proteins, food by-products, minerals, molasses, vegetable oils, flavourings, milk proteins, vitamins and trace minerals, mould inhibitor, Bovatec® 20CC A009679, live yeast, prebiotics and probiotics
Care must be exercised when feeding concurrently with other antimicrobials. Do not feed with other ionophores e.g. monensin capsules, liquid or premix. Do not exceed recommended dose rates. Not to be used for single dose treatment. Do not allow dogs, horses (or other equids), alpacas (or other camelids) access to feeds containing Bovatec, as ingestion by these species may be fatal. Bovatec® is registered pursuant to the ACVM Act 1997, Registration Number A009679. See www.foodsafety.govt.nz for registration conditions. Bovatec® is a registered Trademark.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Being used outside their control, this product is sold on the express condition that the producers have no warranty, expressed or implied and are not responsible for damage arising out of its use, whether in accordance with its directions or not.
Farmyard Feeds has selected NZ Courier as its shipping company due to its speedy service. We all live extremely busy lives and animals simply will not wait for feed. NZ Couriers will deliver feed overnight to all cities/towns if order is placed before 10am in normal shop hours. Prices are cauculated at the checkout based on the weight of your order. Pricing structure per 20kg bag is as follows
Local/Outer (including Palmerston North, Wanganui, Feilding, Dannievirke, Otaki) $12.50 /20kg
Short Haul (including New Plymouth, Wellington, Napier) $20 /20kg
Long Haul (including Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Gisborne) $25 /20kg
Inter-Island (including all areas of the South Island) $40 /20kg
It will cost an extra $5 for rural deliverys. If you are unsure go to www.nzcouriers.co.nz/checkit to see if you need to add this charge. Allow 2 - 3 days for rural deliveries.